Thursday 12 September 2013

Photoshop: Fruit bowl task.

Hi Blogger, 

My task today was to pick a certain theme and then create a colour palette using the colours that represent the theme. Later, i had to use the selected colours to colour in a plain picture of a fruit bowl. I chose the word 'Autumn' therefore the colours i used were dark colours such as; plum, burgundy, khaki, olive, brown, dark orange, dark beige, etc. 

I created my colour palette using photoshop. To make it i needed to copy and paste a picture that associated with autumn and using the "eyedropper" tool i selected colours that i liked and automatically it copied them into the colour icon.  Then using the colours i selected, i used the paint brush tool and i drew my palette.



After i finished making my colour palette i started the main task which was to colour in the basic black and white fruit bowl image. I completed this task using the eyedropper tool to copy the colours from my palette and i inserted them into the fruit bowl using the fill tool. 

I also used another technique which inserted an image into a certain part of the picture without any over-laps or gaps. I did this by copying a image of my choice then using the "magic wand" I selected the part that i wanted to fill with the image and i clicked "edit", then "paste special" and i chose the option that said "paste into" then the picture appeared in the space that i selected. I then re sized the picture until it filled up the whole space. 

Here is my final piece :) 



The thing i like most about my creation is the dark autumn colours. This is because it presents the picture well and grabs peoples attention as the colours are quite passionate. I also like the image that is on the bowl because it gives a good affect and weirdly it doesn't clash with the fruits. I also like the backdrop as it represents autumn and is very effective.

Overall, i enjoyed the task alot and I learnt loads of new photoshop skills. With the help of fellow classmates who are more familiar with the software and my teacher, Mr Matthews, I began to become more confident using it. Also I completed the task successfully even though i had re do it a couple of times until i was happy with my final product. 

Bye for now

Ana :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment